Pride of Tsavo Safari
3 1.2 Days
Point of departure:
land cruiser 4x4
Prices from $692
- Meals, game viewing and accommodation as specified in the itinerary
- Guaranteed window seat in a safari bus with english-speaking driver guide
- Park entrance fees
- Government taxes & levies
Kilaguni Serena Lodge- www.serenahotels.com
Voyager Ziwani Camp-www.heritage-eastafrica.com
Day 1 : Mombasa - Tsavo west
- Depart from Mombasa and drive to Kilaguni Serena Lodge in Tsavo West (4/5 hours).
- Lunch is followed by an afternoon game drive including a visit to Mzima Springs where hippo can sometimes be seen 'moon walking' on the river bed from an underwater viewing hide.
- Dinner and a full board overnight stay at Kilaguni Serena Lodge.
Day 2 : Ziwani
- After breakfast drive through Tsavo West to the Voyager Ziwani Camp close to the border with Tanzania(1 3/4 hours).
- Lunch and the remainder of the afternoon to relax, view the hippo in the river to the front of the camp or opt to take a guided nature walk. In the evening we take a night game in search bush babies, genet cats, porcupine, grazing hippos and even some elusive big cats.
- Return to camp for dinner and overnight stay at Ziwani Tented Camp FB.
Day 3 : Ngutuni Game Sanctuary
- Early morning nature walk with a game scout. Continue to Ngutuni Lodge situated in the 10,000 acre Ngutuni Game Sanctuary adjoining Tsavo East (2.5hrs / 135 km). Lunch followed by afternoon game drive in Tsavo East in search of elephant, lion, buffalo kudu, zebra and giraffe can be seen. Dinner and overnight stay at Ngutuni Safari Lodge FB.
Day 4 : Mombasa - Tsavo east
- Early morning game drive in the private sanctuary. Return to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast the safari returns to Mombasa.