Mara To Mombasa
Point of departure:
land cruiser 4x4
Prices from $1,627
An exciting tour that takes you to some of Kenya's best game parks and finishes in the heat of Mombasa's tropical coast. You can enjoy varied landscapes and fantastic game viewing as you journey towards the coast, this is an ideal option for someone wanting to combine a longer safari tour with a stay at one of Kenya's superb beach resorts.
Day 1 : Nairobi
- You will be met at JKA Airport to begin this tour and then head to the Jacaranda Hotel for bed & breakfast
Day 2 : Masai Mara
- After breakfast the safari will head to the Masai Mara (4 hours) where you will enjoy an afternoon game drive and full board stay at the Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 3 : Masai Mara
- Enjoy a full day in the Masai Mara with both morning and afternoon games drives and another evening spend at the Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 4 : Lake Naivasha
- Leaving the Masai Mara on Thursday the drive will go to Lake Naivasha (4 hours).
- Lunch, dinner and an overnight stay will be spent at the Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge, here there is a chance to relax for the afternoon beside the lake shore hopefully spotting the fish eagle and resident hippo.
Day 5 : Amboseli
- Breakfast will be followed by a 1 hour boat trip on the lake, hoping to spot the hippo and prolific bird life that inhabits the lakeshore.
- After which the safari continues to Amboseli with lunch on route at Nairobi's famous Carnivore restaurant (1.5 hours).
- The safari will arrive in Amboseli in the early evening to enjoy a full board overnight stay at the Amboseli Sopa Lodge.
Day 6 : Amboseli
- Spend a full day in Ambolesi with morning and afternoon game drives and a second night stay in the Sopa Lodge
Day 7 : Ngutuni Sanctuary
- Leave Amboseli and drive on to Tsavo West via the spectacular Shetani lava flows in the foothills of Mount Kilamanjaro (2 hours)
- Lunch will be served at the Kilaguni Serena Lodge followed by an afternoon game drive in Tsavo West including a visit to Mzima Springs where we hope to see hippo 'moon walking' on the river bed from the underwater viewing observatory, continue on to our very own Ngutuni Lodge in a private sanctuary
Day 8 : Mombasa
- Up early on this final day of the safari for an exciting early morning game drive in the Ngutuni Game Sanctuary, returning to the Lodge in time for breakfast before continuing back up to Mombasa (2.5 hours) with drop offs early afternoon to coast hotels